2015 General Assembly Program & Business Electronic Docket Program & Business materials for the 2015 General Assembly of the Christian Church Disciple of Christ.
Welcome to a time of inspiration and equipping for Disciples in Columbus, Ohio. Our foundational scripture for this gathering is Isaiah 40, particularly verse 31, where we are promised fresh strength for the journey ahead – a welcome promise! The world is changing quickly. We could not have predicted fifteen years ago the challenges before us today. As always, however, the Spirit is moving among us, calling us into mission whether walking, running or soaring.
• As we gather at Assembly to worship, we will experience the Spirit’s healing message of comfort.
• As we enter into learning communities and workshops, we will prepare for the mission journey God places before us.
• As we experience new people and ideas, we will wait with active expectation for God’s call to our particular witness.
• As we participate in the business of being Church together, we will rise to the challenge of implementing God’s call
• As we feel the wind of the Spirit strengthening us, we will begin to SOAR!
Mission is at the forefront of this assembly. A movement for wholeness needs a common direction, a shared sense of mission. Mission First! is a call to renew our focus on witnessing to God’s love together. (Find out more about current proposals on disciples.org/mission-first) It’s a challenge to step out "to be and to share the Good News of Jesus Christ, witnessing, loving and serving from our doorsteps ‘to the ends of the earth.’" (Disciples of Christ mission statement). Our Assembly in Columbus will open new avenues of mission for us.